Custom Lga POS Box allowing to connect hardware to Lga Point of Sale System
Including the receipt printer, the barcode scanner, the cash register.
Includes the developer’s guide.
IPad, IPad stand and scanner holder not included.
Non-contractual pictures, technical specifications might change at any time.
This product is available worldwide shipping and handling rates may differ based on location.
POSBox + Receipt Printer + Barcode Scanner + Cash Register
The LGA-Pos-Box is a little hardware box based on a Raspberry-Pi that will handle all the peripherals’ drivers and setup in a very easy way:
- You connect the LGA-Pos-Box to your local network with the Lga platform configured.
- You plug your USB peripherals ( Receipt Printer – Barcode Scanner ) to the PosBox
- You launch Lga’s Point of Sale on any device – iPad, Android Tablet or PC -while connected to your local network.
- There are no step 4, it’s already working
The PosBox will serve as a gateway between the Lga web application and the different peripherals.
It saves you money
We have tested a lot of different hardware setup and we did not find a great solution:
- Industrial Point of Sale Hardware is big, noisy, ugly, expensive and plagued with lousy touch screens.
- laptops are cheap but flimsy and slow to operate.
- iPads and android tablets are nice and affordable but require expensive wireless peripherals.
Because the LGA-Pos-Box separates the peripherals from the touchscreen devices, you can use an iPad or android tablet with affordable usb peripherals. On just a receipt printer and barcode scanner setup, this saves you 30% of the cost, even including the PosBox. This is not a compromise, you truly get better hardware for less.
Your Point of Sale on iPads or Android Tablets
The CashBox solution relies on Lga modules to support extra devices and features. As it’s very easy to add new features or devices. One could easily add support for other materials, secondary displays, payment systems, etc. We plan to write an extensive documentation on how to extend the LGA-Pos-Box for your specific needs.
The Pos box has the following peripherals to interface with external devices; 2 usb ports, hdmi, audio, rca video, sd card, wireless.
Lga Integrators & developers will find it easy to add support for custom hardware on the PosBox as the drivers are simply Lga python modules running on a minimalist Lga setup